Hello, internet friends!
- I appreciate the "Did you die?" concerns I've gotten from a few buddies over my recent lack of blogging. Two responses: (a) Thanks for noticing my absence and (b) Fret not! I'm here and aliving and thriving, just busy chasing my kids around and being awesome, both things I specialize in and both things that have lately left little time and emotional energy for e-raging and e-yapping and so forth. I often feel like my downtime is better suited to consumption than production at this stage, know what I mean?
- I mention working with teen girls at church all the time, but let's face it, it's a big part of my life, and it's my blog, so don't fight it, just love it. So the 2011 YW/YM Theme is the whole 13th article of faith, which I find fascinating (but that's another post). Question: what does "we believe all things" even mean??
- I have seen this half a dozen times in the last few days so just need to check. You know all the people in the world who write "Voila" as "Wah-lah!" or "Vwa-lah!" or "WaaaaLAA!"? Are they doing it to be funny and ironic or are they serious? I can't tell.
- There are few things better in this world than a good book club. Husband and I recently made an imaginary book club roster full of different people we've known throughout our marriage, and they are different ages and in different locations so it's unlikely to materialize until we figure out that Beam Me Up Scotty machine I dream of, but just imagining it delights me.
- I have a lot of awesome friends, e-friends and in real life friends and in town friends and out of town friends and family who are also friends and so forth, so my dear, dear friends of the past/present/future, know that I love you and don't feel left out when I say this but...
- (SWEARWORD ALERT) I went to law school with a kickass group of girls and I miss them: smart, witty, hilarious, interesting, diverse, just all-around fantastic. SO many of them have been on my mind, as they rock awesome jobs or go to more school (yikes) or find love or are heartbroken or get married and/or reproduce and, wow, just what a cool, cool crowd. It kind of bums me out that I got so much of their love and support through my own personal milestones during law school (e.g., marriage, pregnancy, baby) and now piles of them are doing those things and I don't get to reciprocate, you know, the oohing and ahhing and just general sympathy or excitement and merriment. And I feel like I would appreciate their coolness even more at this point in my life! Sigh.
- As you may know, I'm a tad scattered at times (though I prefer terms like "creative genius" or "free-thinker") so have been perusing a few organization books, several of which mention a LAUNDRY SCHEDULE. What?? Is that a thing? That people DO? Seriously?
- Recently, our 2-year-old pranced around for a few minutes, her hands cupped over her ears, and looked at me sneakily before whispering, "I'm pretending my hands are my earrings!" What? I love that kid.