Friday, July 24, 2009

home stretch

Have you ever haphazardly thrown spaghetti at a wall and prayed some of it would stick as you watched it all slide down into a goobery mess? But you just kept throwing?

Me neither.

But that's what reviewing for the bar is reminding me of right now.


Sometimes I open up the phone book to "Attorneys" just to remind me how many goobers have passed this thing. It's like the opposite of positive affirmations. Instead of saying "I am smart and can do hard things" you say "I am dumb, but lots of people are dumber."

7 comments:

Lindsay said...

I don't think you are dumb but I do think there are lots of dumb people out there. The bar should be afraid of you.

If your spaghetti doesn't stick, it's not cooked long enough.

Just SO said...

You can do this. You are one of the smartest people I know. You have to pass so when I need a lawyer I can call you!

Jules AF said...

I feel the same about my praxis for SLP. Such stupid people can pass it.... I can too, right?

Kimberly said...

You are right... This is one test where there is no reward for being the best. A pass is all you need. You can do it. Good luck!

Hilary said...

Hey, sometimes the reverse affirmations are the best kind!

Brooke said...

You should totally make one of those cheesy positive affirmation posters out of that!

Organic Meatbag said...

I throw apples at the wall but they never, ever stick...maybe I should throw applesauce...