Tuesday, February 09, 2010

bc it's 10 degrees

  • I would cry if Tim Hortons ever banned me for life, not only because life without sour cream Timbits is not worth living, but also because my personal history with life-long bans is so sordid. Banned from delicious doughnuts and soup for your WHOLE LIFE just for complaining about coffee? WHAT'S NEXT!?!?
  • I keep deep-ugly-belly-laughing about this guy, a third-year law student who had an e-meltdown preserved for all the world to see when he had a little mix-up in the ole job search. Go read it. You'll thank me. The whole exchange is fantastic, but my favorite sentence: "I hereby require you to destroy [the attachments]." Umm, WHAT? Can you see him raising his powerful scepter and commanding the wind to stop? The sheer power of my words magically turns the mere utterance into enforceable code. I HEREBY REQUIRE YOU. Just like when Michael Scott declares bankruptcy by yelling "BANKRUPTCY!"
  • I mention (and think) this often, but bad tv brings so much joy, particularly in the middle of a quiet winter, and as much as it pains my feminist heart to admit it, I love The Bachelor. I feel like I catch an STD just LOOKING at awful Vienna, and of COURSE Gia's mom reads Jake's tarot cards, and Tenley's dance, OH, Tenley's dance...God bless America.
  • Sometimes I remember that my clever friend Kiersten has a big fat book deal and I get a little giddy because who doesn't want to a) see their friend LIVE THEIR DREAM and b) see a book at the store with their buddy's name on it? So, hurray.
  • In other news, having multiple kids is awesome. Watching the big sister kiss her little sister's head forty times a day is turning me into a pile of weepy mush, especially now that I can sit down without wincing and my iron count is back up above want-to-collapse levels. Also, I'll share some hippie birth details shortly to try to peer pressure you, I mean, for posterity.

Anyway, I hereby require you to love me.

9 comments:

Sara said...

Thanks. Much better blog post. I can now go on living - at least for another day.

Carina said...

I feel obligated, yet entirely pleased to say I do love you.

Anna said...

I do love you. AND I am more than jealous to hear that you have access to Tim Hortons. What?!?!?! I love that place so much. I am pretty positive that Tim was the reason I had to pull my skirt up a little higher to get over my belly back in the days of missionary. Them blasted donuts are amazing.

I wanna hear the birthing details. seriously. I am intrigued.

Lisa R.D. said...

Thanks for the good laughs... can't wait to hear your birthing details (I'm needing to hear positive experiences to gear up for March...) and I'm convinced I need to find a Tim Hortons somewhere...

Deanna said...

The 3L meltdown was absolutely epic, as was your lifetime ban. Thanks for the backstory. I called Cory in the library to hand him that laugh. Good times!

Tyson K said...

Just passing through! But I'll take an english breakfast tea, a sesame seed bagel toasted with herb&garlic, and a boston cream doughnut...

http://UGottaHearThis.blogspot.com

Jules AF said...

Wow, somehow I missed the whole part about your friend getting a book deal when I read this. Congratulations to her. That is exciting.

KT said...

That banned Tim Hortons customer looked annoying.

Sarita said...

Tim Hortons made my mission. Apart from the whole bringing souls unto Christ thing. So glad that I didnt figure out that my crippling stomach issues were due to my gluten intake until post mission.